Monday, February 21, 2011

In the still


The other day Sara was sad - just needed extra loves and hugs and sometimes being a mother of three finding that time can be hard. I had music on in the background and as I scooped Sara up and sat and rocked with her this song came on. I was reminded how much we miss in our relationship with God when we don't just stop and listen... And as Sara fell asleep in my arms the words

"Wait... this moment is too sweet

Would you please stay here with Me and love on Me a little longer" played.

Lord, I miss so many of those moments in the chaos of life. Thank you for the gentle reminder to just be still. To listen and take in all the giggles, and the joy, to dance and hand out hugs often. To let the tears come when they need to and to have a heart that is willing to run with a passion that follows hard after you.

Brian And Jenn Johnson
A Little Longer lyrics

What can I do for You?
What can I bring to You?
What kind of song would you like me to sing?

'Cause I'll dance a dance for You
Pour out my love to You
What can I do for You beautiful king?

'Cause I... can't thank You enough.
I can't thank You enough
What can I do for You?
What can I bring to You?
What kind of song would you like me to sing?

'Cause I'll dance a dance for You
Pour out my love to You
What can I do for You beautiful king?

'Cause I... can't thank You enough.
I can't thank You enough
All of the words that I find... and I can't thank You enough.
No matter I try... I can't thank You enough.
Then I hear You sing to me

"you... don't have to do a thing
Just simply be with me and let those things go
'Cause they can wait another minute

Wait... this moment is too sweet
Would you please stay here with Me
And love on Me a little longer"

I hear You say...
"You... don't have to do a thing
Just simply be with me and let those things go
'Cause they can wait another minute

Wait... this moment is too sweet
Would you please stay here with Me
And love on Me a little longer
I'd love to be with you a little longer
'Cause I'm in love with you

No comments: