Saturday, April 16, 2011

This is what it means to be held

Sometimes it amazes me how often I just want what I want when I want it and expect to get it. If I just pray hard enough or read enough Christian books or worship more than my wishes will be granted. I picture God looking down and saying "Oh silly child wait on me, wait on me. For I know the plans I have for you - I see the whole thing. You see only a moment so wait. Breathe me in, hold on tight for the ride that is coming will be rough - it will have moments of amazing peace and joy but there will be times when your faith will be tested like never before. Where you will feel pain and loss but never will I leave you. You need this time to get to know me better, to fully firm your faith in me. To know what it truly means to run with me - to feel your feet running on solid ground while everything around you is shifting sand. To know what it feels like to be held...."

No comments: