Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Bring it on

There is a quote by Napoleon BonaparteI (1769-1821) that goes: "Alexander, Caesar, Charlemagne, and myself founded empires; but upon what foundation did we rest the creations of our genius? Upon force! But Jesus Christ founded His upon love; and at this hour millions of men would die for Him."

Last Friday I didn't agree with the way Sara's preschool teacher had handled a situation that involved Sara and following directions (and that is putting it nicely). Honestly, I was LIVID. You know that mama bear, shaking, spitting fire mad but I reminded myself that I have had countless training in this kind of situation so I found a place that was quiet, prayed and walked away for the weekend.

Then I thought about it all weekend. I let it take control over my thoughts, my sleep, my joy until I had had enough. I read the verse in my devotional time Sunday night that says "Let everything that has breath praise the Lord." So right then and there I gave it to the Lord - I prayed over and over that my words would be praise, that my discussion with the teacher would be different. That the relationship formed through the discussion would end in increased trust and a better partnership. I always feel it is best that when coming into a conflict you bring a solution so I did - and so with love and a lot of deep breathing I went into the day Monday morning. It went really well. Now if only I had read that devotional on Friday. = )

"On Christ the solid rock I stand all other ground is sinking sand..."

No comments: