Friday, August 12, 2011

The "whys"


In the last couple of weeks I have witnessed two friends fight cancer. Both are amazing women of faith - both were surrounded by friends and family who prayed and believed in healing. One was healed here on earth and one was finally set free from her pain in heaven. I don't know why and I guess when it comes down to it I don't need to know. I think sometimes we look for answers and God gives them and other times they just don't seem to be there. I guess when it comes down to it do I need to really know the "whys" or should I just be willing to obey?

As parents we strive to explain to our kids the "whys" of obeying but there are times when the reasons are just too big for them to handle and they have to learn to just trust. I look at this picture and I can hear her laugh. Her marriage was strong, her kids have a heart for God and she believed in prayer even when she knew it wasn't the end she thought it would be.

Romans 14:8 For if we live, we live to honor the Lord; and if we die, we die to honor the Lord. Therefore, whether we live or die, we belong to the Lord.

No comments: