Wednesday, August 24, 2011

sometimes the old is best

Wherefore I say unto thee,

Her sins, which are many, are forgiven;

for she loved much.

I read this verse today at the end of a post at www.aholyexperience.com and it just begged to be read in the bible. I'm not sure what about it called out for the old familiar pages of the book I so love but it just didn't seem to do it justice to use my ipod to pull up the surrounding passages. I just longed for the feeling and sound of the delicate pages of a well loved and used bible. Those tissue paper like pages, some bent slightly from catching tears. Some passages nearly invisible from being highlighted and underlined over and over. Sometimes the quick and lazy way isn't best; sometimes there is just something about searching through the pages. Finding the spot and tracing your fingers over it - taking it all in. Letting it fall over you like a cool shower after a long hot run. There is beauty to be held. Beauty to be seen.

No comments: