Dear Lord,
She is growing so fast. Please will you slow the time. Her birth was hard but oh so worth it. The black, curly hair making me wonder if this was truly my child. She spends more time in her room now. She no longer needs to know where I am all the time. She is spreading her wings - glorious, colorful wings that soar higher than I can even dream. Wings that will take her to places I have only wished to see. Her beauty shows how much oh Lord you delight in the details. Her mind runs at a constant pace taking in all that she sees - delighting in your creation and weeping at the brokenness. Her knowledge rests more in the world than in my arms and while I know this is how you created her to be why then does my heart ache at the thought of her flying.
It is her time to find You on her own. To not rest on my beliefs but on her own so please speak loudly to her. Let her hear Your voice. A voice that is full of hope and comfort and let grace never leave her. Let her stand strong knowing she is forgiven. Lord, may guilt and fear not follow her but instead let her shake it off like water on a duck's wings. May she stay humble yet rise above the expectations of this world. When those around her take a path that does not lead to You may she be able to see the angels surrounding her as she stands tall and walks alone.
I know the hurts are coming, may her faith be solid and strong enough that she is able to stand amongst those waves. She is the first you entrusted to me and she will be the first that I will send back out into the world. Dear Lord, may I do this well. I pray that when I am old I can hold her hand, look back and see that You, Lord where there every step of the way.
Amen.
No comments:
Post a Comment