Wednesday, September 18, 2013
To infinity and beyond...
When you move you open bins and boxes - some that haven't been opened since your last move. Sometimes you open ones that you closed on purpose, bins that held hard memories or things that make your heart rise up into your chest. Well in the hurried pace of moving you forget and lift the lid of that bin and see right on top a favorite pair of pajamas. Buzz Light Year pajamas, with wings that spread when you run down the hallway. Pajamas that used to hold a certain little one. Pajamas that I can still see his chubby hands held high above his soft curls flowing in the wind as he would race to lift off to infinity and beyond. And a laugh, a laugh that was perfect. How I miss him. I held those pajamas to my face trying to grab onto one more smell but the smell was gone. Little man, I will always love you to infinity and beyond.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment