I’ve always heard “live with no regrets” but I think sometimes if we don’t have regrets we don’t have the motivation to change. I think of these young girls climbing with loads most American men couldn’t carry. We drove by them rather quickly and I faintly heard them yelling something. It wasn’t until we had gone several more miles before I realized they had been yelling for water. I had water; it was in a huge container rolling under my feet in the van. I was the only female in the van and it surprised me how much that affected my ability to find my voice. I was in a different country where as a woman my voice was not equal. Oh how I regret not finding my voice. The voice that wanted to scream, “Turn around! Please - they need water! I have more than my share. Please turn around.”
Whenever I start running in the foothills near where I live or even the simple act of heading to the sink to refill my water bottle I remember them and I remember my voice. I will live my life to be heard and for God’s glory. Because of those women and their simple cry I am changed. Yes, I live with regret and I am thankful.
No comments:
Post a Comment