Monday, June 28, 2010

the little things..

Lessons learned so far in MN:
~don't ask a 2 year old where the park is it will just make the walk in 90% humidity a lot longer
~don't leave a bottle of sunscreen in reach of your two year old. She will cover herself with it and then scream the rest of the walk when it gets in her eyes.
~when Ella complains that she is too hot to play at the park don't just assume that she is complaining about the MN heat because when you get home you will find out that she actually has a temp. of over 102 and is miserable
~that Mary (my sis) and I can still perform amazing duets of show tunes and songs from Disney movies
~that I am not a fan of our justice system but at least I live in a country that has some sort of "system"
~that listening to my dad play his guitar at night is just as comforting as it was when I was growing up especially when he does a duet with Anders
~that I love the book "Just the Way I Am" by Krista Horning who is an amazing young woman. Her simply written book for children with disabilities is a reminder of finding the joy in whatever circumstance you are given. That even through sorrow rejoicing can be found. Reminding me again of looking at life for the journey not the "what next".

Since we have been in MN we have switched houses four times, I have been to a funeral, Mary had more heart stuff, Ella and Anders have both been sick and I miss Pete like crazy but we are also making some wonderful memories. For me it is a reminder that with my faith God is always enough and when push comes to shove we have it really good = ) and pretty easy.

Oh and the best lesson - that while mosquitoes do leave an itchy, red bump they aren't the size of large birds as Anders originally thought.

No comments: