In Idaho there are so many ranches and farms, many with horses and if you have ever watched a rancher break in a horse you will see a process strong yet gentle, loving yet firm and in the end the results include a relationship that forever bonds that horse and rider. In a lot of ways that process was (and continues to be) the process God has taken with me. If done well the horse retains its spirit but the rider now has the ability to use that spirit to guide and direct the horse. The questions from the journey turned to a gift of strength in my faith. It has brought me to a closeness with God that I had never experienced before. It has given me the ability to be forever tied to this amazing woman of faith across the ocean. To know that my prayers are joined with hers' is a blessing beyond all blessings. To know that her joy and pain is forever tied with mine is a gift I am not worthy of...
I strive to match her faith and trust in the Lord. Her ability to seek out the good in a world full of injustice humbles me daily.
The last time I saw her she was walking away and she turned once more and our eyes met. A soft smile graced her beautiful face and as I held back tears I waved goodbye not knowing when and if I would ever see her again. And while there are still unanswered questions and regrets that often run through my thoughts I place my trust in the God who sees everything and is able to make sense in a world that doesn't. I place my trust in a God who picks us up when we fall and walks with us as we all continue on.
Living, He loved me
Dying, He saved me
Buried, He carried my sins far away
Rising, He justified freely forever
One day He's coming
Oh glorious day, Oh glorious day
No comments:
Post a Comment