January 23, 2010 - Today we spent the day at the big kid's care center painting on the walls. It was fun and crazy and at times a bit out of control but the kids had a great time helping. While we were painting one of the girls started singing. She had sang for us before and her voice is nothing less than angelic. It is soft and sweet and simply pure. She was softly singing "this is the day, this is the day that the Lord has made". Slowly another girl joined in and tears just started streaming down my cheeks. Which, I may add, did not help my painting. Here were these girls who have seen more pain and loss in their short lives than I have in my 30 some years and they are able to sing "let us rejoice and be glad in it". And they really meant it - they really believed the words they were singing. It wasn't meant to impress or show off, it was real. Again I was humbled. Again I was reminded of God's grace. It's funny now when I start complaining I hear this voice softly singing and I can see her face and again I am reminded to rejoice...
This is the day, This is the day,
That the Lord has made, That the Lord has made
I will rejoice, I will rejoice and be glad in it, and be glad in it.
This is the day that Lord has made,
I will rejoice and be glad in it.
This is the day, this is the day that the Lord has made.
1 comment:
I have the video and was listening to it a lot! TT now has the song down. She even does the :
dis is da day.
.....
dat da Lord hath made..
She copied M's voice and pronunciation!!!!!
Post a Comment