There is a quote that I love by Robert M. Pirsig in a journal my sister gave me, it says: The place to improve the world is first in one's own heart and head and hands and then work outward from there.
My journey back to Ethiopia has been wonderful and humbling and a large part of it has been educating myself regarding AIDS, HIV, stigma, hope, culture, awareness...you get the picture.
So that is what I am asking of you - learn. While I am in Ethiopia - learn. Many of you already have and are but if you haven't please do. We expect the stigma surrounding HIV to end in Ethiopia yet to a large extent it still exists here. You can be a part of changing that and I hope you will.
Some places to go to start you thinking (things change fast with HIV - new things are discovered, old thoughts are corrected, so keep that in mind). Go to this link at fromhivtohome and walk around their website there is some great information and they do some wonderful stuff. Of course you can head to AHOPE for Children go to this link and another one with a ton of information - I haven't gone through all of it but go to this link www.hivandthechurch.com
So learn and ask quesions...you never know where it will lead.
No comments:
Post a Comment